Children: The usual dose for children is 20-30 mg / per kilogram of the child’s weight, divided into doses per day. Contafever N in syrup can be given as follows:
- 3 – 12 months (5: 10 kg): 2.5 ml 2-3 times a day.
- 1 – 2 years (10 – 15 kg): 2.5 ml 3 – 4 times a day.
- 3-7 years (15-25 kg): 5 ml 3-4 times a day.
- 8-12 years (25-40 kg): 10 ml 3-4 times a day.
adults: The usual dose for adults and children over 12 years old is 4-6 spoons of 5 ml three times daily.
Elderly patients (over 65 years): The elderly are more susceptible to side effects of the drug, including stomach pain, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, kidney problems, and the inability to safely perform activities that require mental alertness.
the dose of patients with renal impairment: 50-60% of the oral dose of Contafever N is eliminated through the kidneys, so consideration should be given to reducing the dose in patients with moderate to severe renal failure (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is metabolized by the kidneys ).
Dosage of patients with hepatic insufficiency: Patients with liver disease do not need to adjust the specific dose of this drug.
- The use of Contafever N syrup should not exceed 800 mg per dose or 3200 mg per day, and this is the maximum use of this medicine.
- Contafever N syrup should be taken after eating to avoid the occurrence of side effects that increase the chances of their occurrence when taken on an empty stomach.